Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Is it ever too late to fulfill your dreams?

Do you think it's ever too late to fulfill your dream or dreams? Do you think there is an age limit to do what you really love? to do your passion? What kept you back from not doing it earlier in life?
I am 57 and I am now doing my art full time. Do I wish I had done it before? I don't know. I did many other things during the process and now I'm here. Are you happy with your current profession? Is there a dream you want to attain?

I feel very fortunate to be able to dedicate my time to doing my art full time. This has been one of my dreams for a long time.

I have been taking this amazing online class: with Alyson Stanfield, author of I'd Rather Be in the Studio! The Artist's No-Excuse Guide to Self-Promotion. This is helping me learn to promote myself as an artist. I first read the book and loved it. Which took me to her website where I learned about her classes. You should all check out Alyson's blog (Click on her name).
We are now on day sixteen and I have been learning so much about myself, my art and how to promote it. This class has me so excited that I don't want to stop working at night and can't wait to get up in the morning to continue. I am so excited about all this that I signed up to take two art classes at the Fleisher Foundation in Philadelphia: http://www.fleisher.org. The Samuel S. Fleisher Art Memorial, the nation's oldest tuition-free art school, is guided by the spirit of its founder, who first extended an invitation in 1898 for "the world to come and learn art." They offer an exciting selection of tuition-free classes and low-cost workshops for adults and children. Starting next month I will be participation in an oil painting studio class and a watercolor class.

So back to following your dream, or fulfilling your dream, do you think it is ever too late?

No comments:

Post a Comment